- Limited-edition Evija celebrates 50 years since race legend Emerson Fittipaldi and Team Lotus won F1 Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships
- New version of pure electric hypercar commemorates iconic five decades of black and gold colour scheme of Lotus Type 72 race car
- Emotive design details include rotary dial crafted from recycled original Type 72 aluminium, plus Fittipaldi signature hand-stitched on dashboard
- World premiere event at Hethel, UK, with Emerson Fittipaldi as guest of honour
- Eight cars now in build, all sold with first customer deliveries early in 2023
- Latest project from Lotus Advanced Performance
- Test driven by Formula 1 World Champion Jenson Button
The world’s most powerful production car – the stunning Lotus Evija hypercar – now delivers even more exclusivity and desirability. Inspired by the past to enhance the future, Lotus has unveiled the Evija Fittipaldi, a tribute to one of the greatest car-and-driver pairings that Formula 1 has ever seen.
That driver is, of course, Emerson Fittipaldi, the young Brazilian racer who joined Lotus and became a legend, cementing his place in F1 history in 1972. Behind the wheel of the now-iconic Lotus Type 72 and winning five of that season’s 11 races, Fittipaldi secured the Drivers’ Championship for himself and the Constructors’ Championship for Team Lotus.
Exactly 50 years on, the Lotus Evija Fittipaldi is a fitting celebration of that partnership. Just eight examples of the all-electric two-seater are being hand-built at Hethel in Norfolk, UK – the global HQ of Lotus sports car design and manufacturing – and all are sold. Customer deliveries will begin early next year. It is the latest project from Lotus Advanced Performance, the bespoke design and experiential division of the business launched earlier this year.
📷📽️ ©️ Courtesy of Lotus Cars