Location: Milton Keynes
We are looking for experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to join our Design and Analysis Team. Within this role you will work on a wide range of projects – using first principle engineering to produce innovative design solutions to achieve customer requirements and develop our core technology as part of on-going R&D programs. We work with customers from a range of sectors including passenger cars, on and off highway, commercial vehicles, motorsport, marine and aerospace.
All our products are assembled on site at our Technical Centre or Flexible Manufacture Facility in Milton Keynes, so you will remain close to the product from concept to delivery.
In 10 years of e-Drive innovation we have achieved genuine technology leadership in high power density motors, and high-performance inverters. As a company led by engineers, we are passionate about maintaining this position.
As a Senior member of the Design and Analysis Team you will be required to support and coach less experienced Engineers, develop processes/procedures across the Design and Analysis function and provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Assess project scope and specification from client’s requirements and provide technical input to agree the design requirements with senior managers within agreed timescales
- Design components, systems and products using various design tools to meet the client’s requirements and specification
- Understand and use first principles of engineering and hand calculations to validate design solutions
- Interpret and analyse simulation results and data
- Create models and drawings that can be used to manufacture and build components/systems
- Create DFMEA documents – holding reviews and implementing necessary mitigating actions
- Assist in checking drawings to include approval of designs for release for manufacture
- Liaise with other departments to support the build or testing of products
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected problems and provide potential solutions
- Write reports, documentation and present the data at all levels across the organisation
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues when required
- Assist in Developing design procedures in accordance with the functional requirements
- Support the development of quality and validation processes
Required Education and Industry Experience
Required Technical Skills and attributes
- Good knowledge of product, system, and component design for the delivery of projects.
- Mechanical, thermal, and fluid system design experience within the automotive industry
- Electric motor/inverter design experience desirable but not essential.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects to fixed deadlines
- Design capability via a 3D parametric system
- FEA knowledge – creating models and interpreting results
- Knowledge of materials and their properties and their use in engineering design and analysis
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.