Location: Milton Keynes
This role focuses on developing, implementing, and managing the Commercial terms, design for manufacture suitability of components within both the project and commodity environment. As a Senior Electronics Buyer, you will help develop and maintain commodity and supplier strategies in line with the department’s requirements. You will actively contribute to special projects as defined (e.g., Cost Reduction, DFM, Lead-time reduction, Inventory reduction and Cashflow improvements. You will support the Purchasing departments deliverables in terms of Project Purchasing and Engineering Change Responses (Technical Purchasing).
- Lead/Support the appraisal and onboarding of suitable electronics suppliers that can support the organisation through the supply of PCBs and looms for development and production programmes
- Act as the primary interface between the organisation’s electronics suppliers and internal stake holders
- Lead cross functional project meetings involving the supplier and internal project team members
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies primarily for the electronics commodity, and other commodities as required
- Collate and present information to update the project team on the status of key deliverables
- Work closely with the quality team to ensure supplier quality issues are addressed, and counter measures are put in place in a timely manner
- Lead/Support sourcing activity for new projects from concept through to volume production, ensuring appropriate sourcing progress is being made in line with the Programme gateway checklist
- To ensure the Purchasing for automotive volume programmes is in line with IPT’s formal Supplier Nomination Procedure and by ensuring supply contracts are in place at the appropriate programme milestone
Required Education and Industry Experience
- Experienced Electronics Buyer/ who has worked in an Engineering and/or automotive environment with a focus on electronics.
- A relevant BSc or BA Hons Degree or equivalent. CIPS qualification desirable but not essential.
Required Technical Skills and attributes
- Extensive experience in sourcing PCB assemblies, with an understanding of the components involved
- Buying experience gained from an Engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Able to communicate at a high level
- Experience of working within cross functional teams
- Understand technical drawings and bills of materials
- Negotiation skills
- Writing and executing purchasing strategies
- Knowledge of precision manufacturing processes and materials
- Automotive or aerospace industry experience
- Contract negotiation experience
- Sage 200 experience or similar
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.