Location: Milton Keynes
You will support and assist the Project Management team with the management and the delivery of technically demanding complex cross-functional projects, ensuring that key targets are achieved within financial and time constraints to meet the customer requirements.
You will be accountable for the on time and to budget delivery of less complex / small quantity projects with support. You will maintain Project Management process tools and facilitate / manage processes which contribute to the business reporting systems.
- Support the Project Management team to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ownership and delivery of less complex / small quantity projects using approved business processes and with support from other members of the Project Management team.
- Coordinate resources (labour and materials) to deliver the project in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Liaise with functional managers to ensure labour resource availability when required.
- Assist Project Managers with the development and maintenance of project schedules to monitor and track progress.
- Track and co-ordinate with the PM changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Measure project progress against agreed KPI targets in accordance with the approved company process.
- Report and escalate risks and issues to the Project Manager or Head of Programme Management as required.
- Support Project Managers with client and stakeholder relationship management.
- Facilitate project risk reviews, maintain risk registers and track / progress risk management / mitigation plans in accordance with the approved business process.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation in line with company process requirements.
- Be accountable for, facilitate and manage Project management tools and processes which are fundamental to financial, schedule / deliverables, labour resource, customer satisfaction reporting.
Required Education and Industry Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent experience, with an interest in Engineering.
- PRINCE 2 Foundation, Agile, and APM would be desirable.
- Proven project support in the transport / manufacturing / industrial / engineering sectors.
- Administration support within high value and fast paced projects.
Required Technical Skills and Attributes
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects supporting more than a single project.
- Microsoft Office knowledge to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with project management tools – MS Project, JIRA, Excel Advanced skills would be desirable.
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.