Location: Milton Keynes
We are looking for experienced Electronics Engineers at both Principal and Senior levels to join our Hardware Electronics Team.
Successful candidates will work on a wide range of projects using first principles engineering to produce innovative design solutions and develop core technology as part of ongoing internally funded R&D programs.
As a Principal Electronics Engineer you will provide technical leadership for the design and development of electronic circuitry and final assemblies throughout the product development lifecycle for motorsport and automotive series production applications.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of electronic circuitry and sub-assemblies throughout the product development lifecycle for motorsport and automotive series production applications.
- Product specification and requirement capture according to customer needs and industry best practice.
- System and hardware architecture development, schematic capture & PCB design.
- Design and release of electronic circuitry and assemblies.
- Creation of development and production test specifications.
- Conduct testing and verification of electronics devices and assemblies.
- Carry out investigation and resolution of development, launch and field quality issues involving electronic assemblies.
- Support continuous improvement of departmental procedures.
- Technical mentoring and development of junior members of the electronics team.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver designs that meet customer. requirements in line with the project deadlines and cost targets.
Required Education and Industry Exeperience
Required Technical Skills and Attributes
- Strong first principles approach with experience delivering tolerance and lifetime calculations.
- Experienced user of schematic capture and PCB design tools (Altium Designer).
- Circuit simulation capability (LTSPICE, PSIM).
- Experience implementing automotive safety capable microcontrollers.
- Experience implementing FPGAs and their configuration using VHDL or Verilog.
- Knowledge of standard busses such as SPI, UART and interfacing to external components like Flash memory and ADCs.
- Design of low voltage analog and digital electronics for automotive ECUs.
- Experience implementing automotive communication busses such as CAN and Flexray.
- Experience developing work products in support of ISO26262 safety engineering process.
- Failure mode avoidance experience with knowledge of associated processes such as DFMEA, FTA and MTBF Calculation.
- Knowledge of best practice approaches for design in accordance with global EMC standards.
- Experience of design for manufacture and design for test.
- Experience developing and executing electronics validation plans.
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.