Location: Milton Keynes
We are looking for experienced Principal Power Electronics Engineers to join our Hardware Electronics Team.
Successful candidates will work on a wide range of projects using first principles engineering to produce innovative design solutions and develop core technology as part of ongoing internally funded R&D programs.
As a Principal Power Electronics Engineer you will provide technical leadership for the design and development of power electronic circuitry and final assemblies throughout the product development lifecycle for motorsport and automotive series production applications.
- Product specification and requirement capture according to customer needs and industry best practice.
- System and hardware architecture development, schematic capture & PCB design.
- Design and release of power electronic circuitry and assemblies.
- Creation of development and production test specifications.
- Conduct testing and verification of power electronics devices and assemblies.
- Carry out investigation and resolution of development, launch and field quality issues involving power electronic assemblies.
- Support continuous improvement of departmental procedures.
- Technical mentoring and development of junior members of the electronics team.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver designs that meet customer requirements in line with the project deadlines and cost targets.
Required Education and Industry Experience
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Strong first principles approach with experience delivering tolerance and lifetime calculations.
- Experienced user of schematic capture and PCB design tools (Altium Designer)
- Circuit simulation capability (LTSPICE, PSIM, Matlab/Simulink, PLECS).
- Design of power electronics circuits with working voltages up to 1000V and power ratings in excess of 150kW (Inverters, DCDC Converters, On-Board Chargers).
- Expert knowledge of IGBT’s, MOSFET’s and associated drive / monitoring circuitry including use of wide bandgap power devices.
- Experience developing work products in support of ISO26262 safety engineering process.
- Failure mode avoidance experience with knowledge of associated processes such as DFMEA, FTA and MTBF Calculation.
- Knowledge of best practice approaches for design in accordance with global EMC standards.
- Experience of design for manufacture and design for test.
- Experience developing and executing power electronics validation plans.
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.