Location: Milton Keynes
We are looking for experienced Principal Firmware Engineers to take responsibility for the delivery of inverter software on Helix projects.
Reporting to the Controls Systems Manager the Principal Firmware Engineer will participate in and drive activities such as requirement specification, design, implementation, test, and integration of control software. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in developing software designs.
This is a high-level experience position working mainly, but not exclusively, on automotive electric motor control applications and it encompasses design and development (concept through to production).
- Hardware related programming.
- Involvement in SW architecture and microcontroller selection.
- Integrate high level algorithms with low level embedded software drivers.
- Develop dynamic and static code test and verification environment.
- Configure AUTOSAR compatible base software and MCAL.
- Develop complex device drivers for electric motors.
- Participating / contributing to design reviews of software projects and product design.
- Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records.
Required Education and Industry Experience
- Knowledge of protocols such as J1587, J1939, ISO14229, i.e. serial communication, diagnosis and software download.
- Familiar with V process model in software development.
- AUTOSAR experience and development activities within an AUTOSAR framework.
- Functional safety, ISO26262 and safety critical development activities.
- ASPICE & MISRA-C experience.
- Agile SW development process.
- Revision Control and Change Management software (e.g. SVN, DOORS.).
- Expert in C/C++, ideally for 32 bit microprocessors.
- Real time OS.
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.