Location: Milton Keynes
You will support the implementation and continuous development of the company-wide Facilities procedures, along with responsibilities for general Health and Safety of the company’s sites across all locations.
You will support and ensure ongoing operational activities by advising staff on all aspects of Facilities related works and oversee infrastructure and services work for in-house and contractor-based projects.
- Be first point of contact for Facilities related enquires.
- Key Holder and first point of contact for security and fire services.
- Implement, update, and carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all company buildings and utilities.
- Always ensure the ongoing internal and external security of the company’s facilities.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all machinery and equipment that falls under the remit of the Facilities and Health & Safety Department, to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance, and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and supervise/manage/accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate facilities supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
- Create & continuously update technical files (both hard copies and electronic copies) for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
- Carry out daily, weekly, and monthly health and safety checks, inspections and take timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Manager, Supervisor and Health and Safety Officer, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & electrical repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- Carry out assembly of or modifications to desks, work benches and new equipment as required.
- Ensure regulatory and quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g., Insurance inspections, servicing of equipment etc.
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow-up may be carried out, e.g., training of locking up procedure.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all infrastructure breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays, or loss of services to relevant personnel.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
As and when required transport material between company sites and to supplier premises using Helix vehicles and to manage the ongoing scheduled maintenance (service, tax, MOT, etc.) of the vehicles used by the Facilities and Health & Safety department. Coverage of 3 sites namely Shenley Technical Centre, Tanners Drive Flexible Manufacturing Facility and the Kiln Farm Emissions Facility, all within the Milton Keynes area, unless otherwise specified.
Required Education and Industry Experience
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or IOSH qualified and working towards NEBOSH preferable but not essential.
- COSHH Trained preferable but not essential.
Required Technical Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of Maintenance, mechanical and basic electrical work.
- Prior building maintenance experience in this field.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Fault finding.
- Oversight of significant Facilities/building-related projects.
- A good working knowledge of building services systems and processes.
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.