Location: Milton Keynes
You will be responsible for checking that all goods supplied to Helix are compliant to the quality requirements focusing on inspection of Electronics Components. You will ensure all suppliers and the company’s Quality, Purchasing and Engineering teams are made aware of any quality issues, so that these can be dealt with in a timely manner. You will ensure Helix’s capability is continually improved by developing best practice quality control processes with our suppliers.
- Visual inspection of Electronics components as primary responsibility, PCBAs [Printed Circuit Board Assembly] as most important components
- Scanning and archiving of Supplier Quality Documentation as per Inspection Procedures
- Create and populate inspection records in the Electronics Inspection Register. Maintenance of the Electronics Register to keep it up to date
- Liaise with Electronics Design and Lab, Manufacturing and Quality Team on supplier and internal non-conformances
- Creating, processing and archiving Supplier Non-Conformities Reports (SCAR and Concessions) as per Supplier NC Procedure
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports where parts fail to meet the requirements and inform and liaise with Supplier Quality, Purchasing and Electronics Design to manage the NC
- Conduct inspection of Electronics components in compliance with IPC-A-610 requirements [Acceptability of Electronics Assembly]
- Ensure any parts received into goods inwards are appropriately packaged in compliance with the Electronics Packaging Specification and give feedback to the IP Purchasing team where suppliers have not met IP’s requirements
- Checking all supply parts against the relevant supplier quality documentation and against the relevant Purchase Order’s requirements (including drawing requirements)
- Inspecting supply electronics parts coming from the goods-in area and sub-assemblies and final assemblies (motor and inverters) whenever required.
- Checking all supply parts against the relevant supplier quality documentation and against the relevant Purchase Order’s requirements (including drawing requirements/ schematics).
- Carry out electrical insulation tests on Xylan coated parts when required
Required Education and Industry Experience
- Experienced Quality Inspector working in Electronics Departments in Automotive/ Motorsport/ Defence or Aerospace industries
- Relevant Electronics Engineering qualification
Required Technical Skills and attributes
- Ability to read/understand Engineering drawings, electrical schematics, dimensional tolerances, and critical features
- Experience of SMT [Surface Mount Technology] Assembly and/or SMT quality acceptance
- Experience of SMD [Surface Mount Device] Assembly and/or SMD quality acceptance
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Good understanding and knowledge of assembly and inspection of electronics components
- Understanding of QMS requirements, e.g., ISO9001/ AS9100/ IATF16949 requirements
- Measuring components using manual inspection equipment including Thread Gauges, Spline Gauges, Callipers, Micrometers, Pin Gauges, Digital Height Gauges, Surface Finish Tester
- Parts management using ERP/ MRP systems
- Basic knowledge of calibration and of working in compliance to internal processes
We are looking for people who are collaborative, enthusiastic, innovative & accountable who want to make a difference.
Note: Willing to travel to supplier sites when required and to stay for a period at the supplier’ site when required (up to 30% of the time).
Direct applications only. No unsolicited Recruitment Agent submissions will be accepted. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Helix.